International Journal of Palliative Nursing, Vol. 19, Iss. 6, 27 Jun 2013, pp 275 - 280
End-of-life care pathways are championed around the globe as tools that might be used to enhance the quality of care at the very end of a person's life. This paper examines recent negative media discourse in the UK about the Liverpool Care Pathway for the Dying Patient (LCP). This media coverage may have had damaging effects, but it has also served to highlight inappropriate and even suboptimal end-of-life care. While recognising the pervading influence of organisational structures and cultures, some implications for initial and ongoing education of nurses are identified.
Why purchase a paper only subscription?
- Read high quality peer-reviewed articles such as this and many more covering all aspects of pallitative care in a way which is clear, easy-to-read and useful to your daily practice.
- IJPN contains the best clinical reviews, original research and evidence-based articles available to palliative care nurses to ensure that you are kept fully up to date with the latest developments taking place in palliative nursing practice.
- Get IJPN delivered regularly to your door, subscribe online now and receive an exclusive discount on your subscription!
Alternatively, download this article now!
The full-text of this article is available to download at www.internurse.com.
internurse.com is the UK’s largest archive of nursing articles containing over 14,500 articles dating back to 1996 from 13 prestigious and peer-reviewed journals published by MA Healthcare, including International Journal of Palliative Nursing, British Journal of Community Nursing, British Journal of Nursing, Journal of Wound Care and Practice Nursing. For a full list of journals contained on internurse.com, please visit http://www.internurse.com/cgi-bin/go.pl/library/journals.html.
- Subscribe to internurse.com
Subscribe to internurse and take full advantage of the complete internurse archive including IJPN for a year
- 24 hour access to internurse.com
Take out our 24 hour access to the entire internurse archive including IJPN for a day
- Simply purchase this article