International Journal of Palliative Nursing, Vol. 19, Iss. 5, 24 May 2013, pp 211
Providing care for adolescents and young adults facing the end of life has unique demands. While the outcomes for certain childhood and adolescent cancers have improved, some young people still succumb to their disease and need appropriate palliative care. Meetings with palliative care colleagues recently provided the opportunity to reflect on the unique nature of imminent death in young people with advanced cancer, and how as professionals my colleagues worked in a way that would provide the most appropriate emotional and social, as well as symptom-focused, support. The discussion gradually came round to what makes dealing with the death of a younger person so unique.
Why purchase a paper only subscription?
- Read high quality peer-reviewed articles such as this and many more covering all aspects of pallitative care in a way which is clear, easy-to-read and useful to your daily practice.
- IJPN contains the best clinical reviews, original research and evidence-based articles available to palliative care nurses to ensure that you are kept fully up to date with the latest developments taking place in palliative nursing practice.
- Get IJPN delivered regularly to your door, subscribe online now and receive an exclusive discount on your subscription!
Alternatively, download this article now!
The full-text of this article is available to download at www.internurse.com.
internurse.com is the UK’s largest archive of nursing articles containing over 14,500 articles dating back to 1996 from 13 prestigious and peer-reviewed journals published by MA Healthcare, including International Journal of Palliative Nursing, British Journal of Community Nursing, British Journal of Nursing, Journal of Wound Care and Practice Nursing. For a full list of journals contained on internurse.com, please visit http://www.internurse.com/cgi-bin/go.pl/library/journals.html.
- Subscribe to internurse.com
Subscribe to internurse and take full advantage of the complete internurse archive including IJPN for a year
- 24 hour access to internurse.com
Take out our 24 hour access to the entire internurse archive including IJPN for a day
- Simply purchase this article